Sunday, October 26, 2014

Ghost Story #2012

Just over two years ago, I moved into my current apartment. The first time I’ve lived in a complex. Thankfully I’m top floor & only share a single wall in this newer construction, which has a late 70s, 
early 80s vibe. There are overgrown woods across the parking lot. All sorts of critters come to visit. Raccoon, opossum, I once saw a porcupine waddle down the road; & I adopted a baby ferret for the week, which I found in the courtyard; someone must have abandoned her to go on Thanksgiving holiday. There are also many feral cats. My cat, Merle, is not allowed outside. 
Among others, there was a trio of adolescent white cats. Within the first month, one of them was run over by a car, just before I was leaving the lot. A man was kneeling there, worrying over what to do next. I had a shoe box in the car & put the small cat inside. After showing me pictures of his own cats, that he kept in his wallet, the man drove off to have a vet put her out of her misery. A few weeks later, a white cat appeared in my apt, which my cat was none too pleased about. Merle hissed & bounded six feet or so, to attack my arm
as I had reached out to absentmindedly pet this other cat, that I’d seen peripherally. He anxiously searched the apt when the ghost disappeared. On rare occasion, it appears. Merle lays his ears back & just stares. There is also a man, who will tap-tap you on the shoulder. Or blow on the back of your neck. It’s happened a couple of times to others while visiting me, but I hadn’t told them about the ghost beforehand. And often people think that I have two cats, asking about "the other one".




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by...please feel free to leave a comment!